Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Slight Change in Plans.......



MELISSA DID NOT TAKE THIS PICTURE. I FOUND THIS ON THE INTERNET. IT IS A STREET IN UJIJI.
........

Okay, so a slight change in plans from what I originally had expected. I guess there is something else that God wants to do in or through me because I will be here for another week! I was supposed to fly out of Kigoma on Monday, and then leave Dar es Salem on Tuesday, but the PrecisionAir flight was canceled, (no surprise there, right Eric!) so I missed my international flight. Fortunately, I only have to wait a week until I can fly out. Harold and Coni had a missionary out here a couple summers ago that missed her international flight because of PrecisionAir canceling, and she couldn't leave for 6 weeks!

So, to sum up what I think I will be doing for the rest of my time here...

Wednesday/today: move to Kamala to live with Winnie (a preschool teacher and staff of Hope of the Nations) and help her with her school

Thursday/Friday: Preschool and do whatever Winnie wants me to do for help

Friday: Kids Club in Kamala

Saturday: maybe Kids Club in Ugigi and Youth Night at the Bible College (where I had been living for the last week and a half)

Sunday: maybe leave Kigoma (if PrecisionAir flies out)

Monday: stay in Dar at a guest house (basically a hotel) where there is internet and a restaurant, so I most likely won't leave the compound

Tuesday: fly out of Dar

Wednesday: arrive in California


So, that's a rough sketch of my time...at least of what I understand to this point. I'm not sure if I will be able to get to the internet again here in Kigoma, but definitely in Dar.

Please pray that I would be in a state of mind that I would be able to be used by God in whatever way He wants to use me for this little bit of extra time here, and that I would also be in a state that I can hear Him if He wants to speak to me or reveal anything to me.

THANKS!!!

Love you all and see you soon!

Mel

1 comment: